Friday, February 1, 2008

Chengching Lake




Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Today we went to Chengching Lake. I figured this would be a good place to do some site seeing. Guo-Yen (younger brother-in-law), Hui-Ling, Dad, Joy and I went. The weather was warm, in the high 70's to low 80's. The ever present haze was there. A family friend met us outside of the entrance and got us in free of charge. How nice! The first thing we did was go to a playground. While Joy explored the playground, Dad and I walked up some steps to look around. We found a large statue of a clam. We took a few photos and then went back to find Joy. Hui-Ling suggested that Dad and I walk around with Guo-Yen while she and Joy play at the playground. We explored Feng Yuan Pavilion, a small, 2 storey, open-sided building, and then crossed the bridge of nine turns. Eventually we met up with Joy and HL. We all hopped in the car to see the 7 Stories Pagoda.



FengYuan Pavilion



After taking a few photos outside, we crossed the street and entered the pagoda. Dad climbed to the second floor. The rest of us went to the top via the circular stairway. Large open doorways give a view of the surrounding area from inside of the building. The brave can go outside the a narrow walkway that encircles the pagoda. There is a sturdy concrete barrier so I chose to go outside. I knew I would be angry with myself later if I didn't. (In case you don't know, I am VERY afraid of heights.) The view was nice. Too bad it was so hazy. I walked around a little and took a few photos before retreating back inside.


7 Story Pagoda

No comments: