Friday, July 30, 2010

Wake Up Call



Our first morning back in Taiwan I woke up and heard lots of loud music outside. Music that can only be associated with Asian cultures. Then I started to hear lots of drumming. In typical fashion, it took me a while to realize I was missing something. So finally I grabbed my camera, keys, and went downstairs to check it out.

The entrance to the apartment building is at the top of a T intersection. Half way down the first block of the leg of the T is where the music was. There was a large tent set up almost entirely blocking an alley. I thought this might be a wedding celebration. Later Hui-Ling found out it was to celebrate the birthday of a local God.














There were carts with sound systems. I saw drummers, martial arts, and lion dancing. Across the street from the alley entrance was a stage, but nothing was happening there.





No comments: